On Christmas Eve last year, while we were away visiting family, I got an e-mail from our neighbours to say that our fence had blown down. Not all of it: just three panels which were in a fairly ropey state anyway.
When we got home I investigated the options. It's not a difficult DIY job, but when I added the cost of the panels, posts, concrete mix and delivery it came to about £135; fencing companies all quoted the same figure of £200 for them to do it. At the time the weather wasn't particularly pleasant, so I decided to pay the £200 and get it done professionally.
Oh, I gave the lawn its first cut of 2014 yesterday. And I sat in the garden to eat my lunch today. Lovely!
At the wheel - This is the blog post I wrote yesterday and then forgot to post! For the first time in six years Jan got behind the wheel of a vehicle and did some local...
4 hours ago