Thursday 4 February 2010

More filler

Andrew Denny of Granny Buttons is unwell. Actually he claims to be "still alive but dying". I hope this is an example of male exaggeration and not to be taken too literally.

Of course, we're all "dying" in the sense that our lives on earth are finite, and the experts tell us that our brain cells are diminishing in number all the time (is that right, Bones?), but there I go, taking it too literally.


Andrew says his latest post, an interesting piece on spoof mushrooms and BW, is mere "filler" and "inconsequential". But one man's filler is another person's meat and drink. A crumb from his table is worth a hundred of my posts. (Oops, I'm self-denigrating. I've been told off for that before.)

What I'm trying to say is: Filler can be good. I bought some more just the other day as I was running out. I've been attending to a few cracks in our house (tip: always mix up more filler than you think you need). I bought this from Poundland ... and that's given me an idea for a future post. Can you wait?

In the meantime, get well soon, Andrew.

2 comments:

nbJubilee said...

Re: the experts tell us that our brain cells are diminishing in number all the time .
Charles Darwin's Survival of the fittest theory means that the weakest die first. Alcohol kills brain cells. A chain is only as good as the weakest link. So the stronger and best cells survive to make us operate at a higher level.
Is this True? Mr.T. nbJubilee.

Halfie said...

Mr. T, I'll drink to that!