Saturday 9 August 2008

Parbold for pasty and pins (but not pints)


Wednesday 9th July 2008

The village shop in Parbold had a small hot cabinet with a Cornish pasty in it for £1.09. I'd spotted (and smelled) it earlier when buying provisions. Now I was hungry, not too hungry, just the right amount of hungry for a pasty. And it was good. Back canalside I got the seasearcher out and did a spot of fishing along the bank. And quickly lifted up three mooring pins, one cast iron iron (no handle), and a tent peg. The best haul yet!

When I've photographed the loot I might post a pic.

Coming back this way four days later we had a barbecue (yes, Sunday 13th July was sunny and rain-free!) and then I went to the Windmill pub for a pint of J W Lees. BUT ... it was ten to eleven ... and the pub was SHUT!!!! I was stunned. In my experience pubs haven't shut at 10.30 pm on Sundays for years - but this one did.

No comments: