Monday 11 August 2008

Bones excluded



My September isssue of Canal Boat magazine was waiting for me when I got home from work today. (Hooray!) In the editorial Nick Wall invites readers to suggest what made the diagonal indentations in the brickwork by a lock on the Stroudwater Navigation (there is a photograph). He promises a beer for the best response, but he makes a point of excluding Bones. Why? Is it because he thinks your answers would be winningly witty and he wants to give the rest of us a chance, Bones?


But the first thing I saw was that I could have got a pair of tickets for the IWA National Festival for £11 and not the £13 it cost me when I bought them in advance. (But I expect I'll need them anyway. The IWA ticket information on their website is very poor: nowhere does it state that any tickets you buy don't cover the whole long weekend. Perhaps they do, but I doubt it. I left it too late to book a mooring, so we're intending to moor as close as we can and walk/cycle from there.)

No comments: