Sunday 24 February 2008

It's not that bad, really

I've now reached the half century. Went to celebrate with a friend from university (and "home") at our old house near Milton Keynes (he bought it from us). Steve was having a surprise 50th birthday party, although his birthday isn't until tomorrow. I was there on MY 50th birthday, but the partying was in HIS honour. Didn't matter, though.


the birthday boy and, er, the birthday boy

I tried to post this yesterday but forgot I was in "preview", tried to delete some text, and the whole post disappeared. I now can't remember what I was saying (one of the hazards of getting to my age, I suppose!)

I'll get back to posting about our canal trip soon (just need to get this birthday stuff out of the way).

Well, guess what? I've now found my original post from yesterday. I'll copy it here, and you can judge whether it is better or worse than the attempt above.

I have now reached the milestone (half-mile stone) which is my fiftieth birthday. Picture below shows (probably) that there's not much difference between a 49-year-old and a 50-year-old, especially when they're the same person, and especially when only ten hours separate the two photos.



To celebrate we went to the (surprise) fiftieth birthday party of a friend near Milton Keynes. He wasn't so much surprised to be fifty (although he isn't really fifty until Monday) as by the 60 or so people who turned up to lunch. It was odd to be the birthday boy but not the one at the centre of it all.

No comments: