Friday 5 July 2019

Spot the kingfisher

Is this the worst photo of a kingfisher ever taken? I think it's the worst I have taken, anyway. Can you see it? Here's a clue: it's in flight.

A butterfly - a red admiral, I think - landed on the boat the other day. I was hoping to photograph it with its wings outstretched but it didn't play ball.

The lure of all that lovely canal juice proved too much for another group of cattle today. We left Banbury and are now just above Cropredy Lock, in the same spot as on the way down.

3 comments:

Steve Parkin said...

After zooming in, I think it could just in front of the the first bush to the right, heading behind it towards the trees.

This is a bit like to old "spot the ball" competitions they ran in newspapers - but with fewer clues! Have a good trip.

Steve Parkin said...

That should read "could be" of course.

Halfie said...

Steve, I think you have correctly identified it. I know it's difficult to describe where it is on the picture but I have given you the benefit of the doubt!