Tuesday 1 November 2011

Autumn walk


Last Saturday we joined the local walking group for an easy four mile amble through some Norfolk countryside.


We went past a lovely old barn. Didn't something else happen on that date? (You'll probably have to click on the photo.) I wonder if the news from the smoke reached the builders.


We paused on a bridge for me to take a self-timed photo - I just made it!


There was some discussion as to whether this wild flower was ragged robin. My "Complete British Wildlife" isn't clear on the matter - it didn't show the extraordinary twirly pipe cleaners coming out from the middle - can you help?

2 comments:

Ross said...

My good lady wife 'googled' it and
yes, it's Ragged Robin,she even found a photo which was very close to yours

Ross

Halfie said...

Thanks Ross.