Friday 23 April 2010

Mercia Marina


As you will know from yesterday's post I was at Mercia Marina on the Trent and Mersey earlier this week. I was impressed. If you have to keep your boat in a "car park" there must be worse ones. Everyone on the staff I spoke to was friendly and helpful, the tearoom was excellent value, and the whole place just had a good "feeling". Of course, the fact that it was sunny and not raining helped.


view from tearoom

In the top photo you can see a couple of people in hi-vis jackets on top of the sedum roof of the new chandlery. By the time I'd walked nearer they'd got down. Although you can't actually see any water, the bridge is over the entrance cut to the marina from the T&M (on the left).

I was in need of some lunch, and the tearoom did me a fry-up (two eggs, two bacon, sausage, baked beans, two toast) for £4.00. Marvellous.

If I'd remembered that Nev was having Waterlily repainted at the marina I'd have wandered over to have a look.

No comments: