Friday 30 May 2008

To Eye to get the car fixed

OK, it's Denham Street, not Eye, but who's heard of Denham Street? I know, I know, you haven't heard of Eye either. Eye is a small town in Suffolk which has a Show every so often. When driving along the A140 the signs for the Eye Show certainly catch, er, the eye. I've been taking my various Volvos to Brian at Amazonia for many years. This time it's a coolant leak on the 240 estate (I suspect the water pump).



Most of the cars here are Volvos, mainly Amazons and P1800s, but there was one which will interest someone we know. This is a 1955 Chevrolet, yes, even older than me, here for restoration. It has been used in the past for drag racing, powered by a whopping seven litre engine. Now it's just for road use and has only a 5.7 litre engine. Sorry about the focus on the interior shots, Bones.




1 comment:

MortimerBones said...

hey! I have one of those hanging off my antlers!!!!!