Friday 23 May 2008

Boating this weekend!

Yes, we're going boating this weekend. Hooray! And I think we're in for true boating weather, too (must remember my waterproofs). Our hosts promise a barbecue - I wonder if I should bring the gazebo? Perhaps not - I don't want it blowing into the Thames.

Not looking forward to bank holiday traffic, though. I did investigate the possibility of going by train, but the cheap tickets were available only if you booked two months ago, and if you're happy that your journey take fifteen hours, leaving the day before you need to get there. And as long as there's no "a" in the month and it's a Tuesday.

Looks like the car, then. Although if fuel prices rise much more it'll be worth taking the train even at the eye-watering "walk-on" fares. But, by that time, the rail companies will have had to put up their fares too, "because of the rising cost of fuel".

No comments: