Thursday 10 January 2008

Saddleworth Moor

Nine week cruise day 13
Thursday 14th July 2005



Stayed moored at the Wool Road Transhipment Warehouse all day (this was me tending a meaty barbecue yesterday evening). David went to a library to sort out some train tickets on the internet, and went to a bike shop to sort out some gears. I went with Jan for a walk on the edge of Saddleworth Moor. We had a cup of tea at the Church Inn.


Meanwhile David had cycled onto the moor and got lost. He eventually contacted me and I managed to work out where he was - the firing range was a bit of a clue - and met up with him. I was desperate for a curry, so Jan and I went to an Indian restaurant in Uppermill (it wasn't very good) and David went for the cheaper (and better) option of steak and chips (with a couple of pints @ £1.10 / pint) at the Church Inn.

No comments: